Nature Based Therapy Certificate
Please check our calendar for upcoming classes and info on registration. To be added to the waitlist and be notified of future scheduled classes, please complete this interest form. If you would like to set up a training for an already established group, please email email@example.com
We all have a personal relationship with Nature. The Nature Based Therapy Certificate teaches how to foster a professional relationship with Nature to help improve your overall professional experience. We will offer the training at least twice a year in the Spring and Fall, and will offer a comparative online interactive class throughout the year. We are also able to tailor this class to an already established group, and we are able to travel!
The content of this class is adaptable to your professional needs. Thus far we have had the following professionals successfully graduate:
- Mental Health Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- School Staff
- Medical Professionals
“Incorporating Nature Based Therapy has positively impacted my identity as an emerging therapist. I’ve discovered a deeper sense of creativity, intuition, and authenticity in my practice, pulling from my time spent in Nature and the deep sense of inner peace that can envelop our senses when with Nature. Embracing Nature as a co-therapist has encouraged me to cultivate a more holistic approach, recognizing the interconnectedness of mental, emotional, and environmental well-being on our overall wellness and sense of self.” ~Clinical Grad Student
The Certificate is 6 workshops (3 hours each), for a total of 18 hours. Agenda is posted below, including how all 18 CEs qualify for AEE’s Certified Clinical Adventure Therapist. In order to promote a professional relationship with Nature, this class incorporates outdoor elements and includes educational, interactive, and experiential opportunities.
- Intro to Nature Based Therapy
- How to Integrate Nature Based Therapy (Virtual, Inside, or Outside)
- Ethical and Legal Considerations of Integrating Nature Based Therapy
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within Nature Based Therapy
- Nature Based Therapy Interventions
- Self-Care Practices With Nature
Becoming a Nature Based Professional
To amplify and further develop your professional relationship with Nature, you can participate in individual and/or group consultation! This is only available to people who complete the Nature Based Therapy Certificate.
Participation may include:
- Tailored client interventions regardless of setting (no PHI shared).
- Further developing your professional relationship with Nature.
- Ideas for further inspiration with integrating Nature into practice.
- Connection to other providers and building professional community.
- Developing practice specific policies, procedures, and documentation.
**There is an additional fee for participating in consultation.